Open the Door to Personal Potential
I stay in hotels quite often while speaking for conferences and corporations. Recently I had an interesting experience. I was returning to the hotel from a morning run and attempting to enter through a side door. The electronic key seemed to be malfunctioning as the familiar electronic lights failed to light up. I tried several times… nothing. Just as I was about leave I pulled on the door. It opened. It had been unlocked the entire time.
This brought me to the profound realization:
You don’t need a key if the door is unlocked.
I was operating under a false belief. I believed the door was locked. This governed my actions, cost me time, and almost prevented from getting to where I wanted to go.
Are there unlocked doors in your life that you believe you need a key to open? How often do you imagine barriers that aren’t even there? Here are a few examples:
- You don’t reach out to a top prospect because you know a gatekeeper will prevent you from connecting.
- You’re convinced you need just the right words said in just the right way for that special person to say yes to a first date.
- You don’t ask for the order because you don’t have the perfect close and you know they won’t buy.
The world is full of keys to success. Heck, my industry is built on them. Recipes, formulas, blueprints, maps, plans… they all have their place. But is it possible that at times we make it more difficult than it has to be? What if you don’t need special key to open the door to personal potential? You don’t need a key to:
- Be more productive
- Love more fully
- Make healthier choices
- Connect with your Creator
- Deepen the important relationships in your life
What if all you need to do is open the door?
What’s your 40 Day FOCUS?
- 2017 Top 12 Blog Posts
- Chris Cobb: Cobbisms
- Highlight Reel: Your Personal Year in Review
- Generositude: Are you Giving what you have been Given?
- Performance Standards for Entrepreneurs and Salespeople